SCHOLARSHIP TIPS-HOW TO WRITE AN ACTION RESEARCH PAPER?
Every advisor always urges students to write about something that interests them. It’s an obvious plus if you can follow up a topic or action research paper with enthusiasm.
- Allot yourself enough time to write an action research paper.
- Organize yourself and cut out distractions like music and radio or TV.
- Devote enough time for research each week.
- Make regular to do lists and cross them off as done with a tick form a red biro.
- Stick to your academic game plan and what you want to achieve in defined periods.
- Make sure you start writing and keep updating material.
- Organize your comport filing system for work in progress and research topics.
- Keep on top of the latest research topics by adding them to a file on your system and using opportunities to use them regularly.
Make sure you take advice from older academics and professors and on how to proceed and keep up date with the latest research. Make sure you take physical exercise every day to keep you alert and to allow you to think clearly.
- Allow plenty of time for brainstorming new ideas.
- If writing about consider your major accomplishments.
- What distinguishes you from other students
- Have confidence in yourself and your point of view.
- Why you like certain books and films and what they mean to you.
- What are your strongest qualities?
- What is your philosophy of life?
- What do you think about current affairs and history?
- What are your dreams for the future and what will it take for you to have succeeded?
- What are your role models?
- Always seek advice and direction from those you trust. Students can become isolated in their own world very easily,, always reach out for new ideas and points of view.
Read other action research papers and try to learn from them. Strive for originality- realize how difficult it is to do this.
- Be yourself when you write and avoid plagiarism and copying ideas without adding your input.
- Always question assumptions.
- Seek supporting quotes and analysis for the view you advance.
- Never be intimidated.
Spend time on your introduction in creating the mood and direction of your research paper. Even revisit it after you have completed your paper.