Controversial Research Paper Topics: Discussing Pro's And Con's
When you write on a controversial paper topic you need to discuss pros and cons. How can you do this? By taking accurate notes and researching both sides.
- Don't overdo it. You should not overdo taking notes. Remember that you are taking notes to reduce the workload and make your work look better. You should also not try to write every detail that the teacher is saying. Your main concern should be coming up with short notes that will add value to your revision. It is also important to listen to the teacher. You will learn more by listening.
- Ask. You should never be afraid of asking. In fact, it is only foolish people who are always afraid to ask questions on the pretence that they know everything. At times, the teacher might assume that you are understanding and he will go very fast. At this juncture, you should raise your hand and tell the teacher to go slowly. Most understanding teachers will always understand this situation and go slow.
- Compare. You should always do the best you can to compare your notes and the original material. This is especially when you are taking notes from materials that are in the internet. At times, the materials that you use might not be accurate. Therefore, to grow your learning curve, you should always compare these materials and find an accurate solution.
- Copy. Depending on how you wrote your notes, you might want to rewrite the notes when you are home in a better position. This will give you a better chance to read the content as well as come up with better notes.
- Organize. You should do the best you can to be organized. Having notes that are not organized is similar to having no notes at all. You should arrange them in the best way possible.
You might want to combine the copying and the organizing parts of the note taking. When you combine these parts, you will save a lot of time. However, you need to be very careful. You need to be focused when writing these notes from the word go. By so doing, you will be at a good position to save time and be more productive. If you decide to write and copy better notes, you need to remember that you will have less time to share with your friends or even watch TV in the evening. However, it will give you a better chance to read the rough notes as you write. You need to remember that taking notes is a very important aspect that will separate between success and failure.